- 2 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 5-inch-diameter or 6-inch-long Italian rolls, split in half lengthwise
- 12 ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella, drained, sliced
- 6 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons green olivada
Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide artichoke mixture among bottom halves of rolls. Top with cheese, then salami. Spread top half of each roll with 2 tablespoons olivada. Place atop salami. Press sandwiches lightly to compact and wrap each tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate sandwiches at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
Fresh mozzarella and olivada (also know as olive paste and olive cream) are availabnle at Italian markets and specialty food stores. If olivada is unavailable, simple puree pitted brine-cured olives.